Friday, February 11, 2011

An Early Valetine's Day

So today was an awesome day, full of ups and down, but mainly ups. After all of my classes, my boyfriend and I went to go get his hair cut. He cut it pretty dang short, which he is all weirded out by because his hair had always been longer. But, if I do say so myself, he looks pretty dang handsome. The only downer was that on the way back, James and I got into a misunderstanding and had a bit of an argument. Well, I am a very stubborn person, and so is he. But he and I had plans for having an early Valentine's Day, so I got busy on making his card. I was in a foul mood but I still wanted his card to look nice, and express my love for him (even though I was not in the most lovey dovey mood). But as I was making it, I realized just how much I did love him, and that stupid little argurments shouldn't get in the way of having a great Valentine's Day. James texted me later and told him that he was ready to go take Joan to Play N Trade so she could buy herself a Wii, and asked if I wanted to go. When I went downstairs, he gave me a hug and apologized. I did the same. Well as I said before, we went to to take Joan to get a Wii. She has been wanting one for a while, and by a total random coincidence she was given a DDR game for a Wii by a kind little Chinese girl, so it was fate that she was to buy a Wii. Oh my goodness, you should have seen her; she was COMPLETELY freaking out in the back of James's car. Jumping up and down, making gagging/snarling noises, the works. Even when James and I stopped paying attention, she was still talking to herself about how excited she was about getting the game.I'm pretty sure she is going to have a lot of fun, the weird girl :P
Well onto mine and James's Valentine's Day. For a gift, I got him a sock monkey, Scott Pilgram vs the World book 2, and some candy. I was hoping that he wouldn't think it was too cheesy, but he reassured me how much he loved it all. Then he went on to give me my gift, and my mind was blown away. He got me a box of chocolate with a Bible verse on the lid (which made me teary). Then he gave me a card, which had a mix CD of songs that reminded him of different parts of our relationship. And yes, that made me even more emotional. Then he made me close my eyes, and he put something in my hands. When I opened them, he bought me an MP3 player! I couldn't believe it! It's a pretty nice one too. So I, started to cry by his thoughtfulness. But that wasn't all. He also made me a slide show of our best photos, with him speaking at the beginning. That made me bawl.
I couldn't believe how much he outdid himself! It was so thoughtful. I love the MP3 player, but I think that the best gift that he gave me was the slide show that he made of the two of us together. He also wanted to take me to a fancy dinner, but all the places that we went were all full. So we ended up going to Golden Corral, instead and OH MY GOODNESS their food was yummo! :) James really outdid himself this valentine's day. I seriously couldn't have asked for a better boyfriend.

1 comment:

  1. I don't talk to myself. And I LOVE my new Wii Roxanne. :) And the video James made is quite sweet. I knew you'd cry!

    ReplyDelete