Sunday, February 13, 2011

ONE WEEK!!! WOO!!!!

So this whole facebook fast thing is sooooo much more difficult than I had originally planned. I knew it was going to be difficult, but I didn't know the extent of it. It's difficult to believe that I haven't been on facebook for a week now. The last time that I was away from facebook was when I was in high school and Mom grounded me. ( I don't remember for what... probably for 'forgetting' to clean the kitchen or something. ) But ever since I started to become really active on facebook about two years ago, I have never been away from it longer than a week. So starting tomorrow will be a a milestone for me. Sounds kinda pathetic, I know.
Well onto the negative effects that not being on facebook has had. I seriously feel like a freaking drug addict who hasn't been using for a week. I've been so distracted, trying to find things that will take over the time that I have been spending on facebook. I'm not proud to admit it, but I have been going through facebook withdrawals. I have been getting moody. I have a bad habit on chewing on stuff (something that my closest friends and family know about) and lately I've been constantly needing gum or something else to chew on.
But there have been really positive effects too. I am able to focus on more important things, like family, school and friends. I have been finishing up my homework a lot quicker lately, which is a plus. But the thing is, that I am so so so busy. I've realized now that this is how busy I've been all school year, and that I set aside time for facebook. I really don't know how I did it all school year long. I started to realize what is important to me now when it comes to my college experience. But I still really really really really really really really want to get on facebook.
The other day, for some reason none of my internet programs were working. So I switched my internet browser from Firefox to Google Chrome. Well I had previously used this Google Chrome before for, shocker, facebook and I was still logged in. So right when it came up, I saw that I had over 80 notifications, and a message. I freaked out and closed out the internet as fast as I could. James was with me when this happened, and needless to say he found the whole thing hilarious. But just knowing that I have over 80 notifications, and it could possibly be over 100 now, is eating at me and I really want to know what they are. *sigh* oh well. Patience is a virtue after all. I know it will be worth it in the end... but I just want to get back on facebook :P Three more weeks to go! 
<3 Me

No comments:

Post a Comment