Friday, February 25, 2011

It really is ridiculous how things are easily bothering me these days. I don't really get it, but it's the smallest things that never bugged me before that are easily getting to me. Whenever I am in a conversation, and i get interrupted I flip out. That's always been a pet peeve of mine, but lately it's been really really extra annoying. I've just been feeling really moody, and for some reason that leads for me to start thinking a bit more judgmentally. Take for instance today at lunch. It really bothered me that a random lady that I never met before wanted to sit with me and my friends when there were a ton of other places to sit. She left to go get some coffee, and all that time I was thinking of ways that we could avoid this intrusive stranger. I was thinking of starting some really obnoxious conversation, or just moving tables. But in the end I decided that we should just tough it out. Then, when she came back, she started talking to us about God, and how believing in God isn't about having a religion it's about having a relationship. She went on to say how we shouldn't judge people because we aren't put on this world to judge. I felt pretty ashamed of myself after that. I believe the same way that she does, yet I was being a hypocrite. She even mentioned how it said in the Bible that hypocrites should wash their eyes and look at their own faults before bashing on someone else's faults. I think God sent her to me to remind me of what is important. And the thing is that the Alma, the lady that sat with us, is correct. I have the same mind set of how we shouldn't judge, but I judged her when all she wanted to do was sit with us. She didn't do anything except want a place to sit and people to talk to, yet I had a preconceived notion that she was annoying or a pest. But she told me of the exact things that I needed to hear. Today just proved how God works in mysterious ways. Out of all the tables that Alma could have sat at, she sat at my table and said the words that I needed to hear. I really thank God for the kindness of strangers; they can change the way you think in the blink of an eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment