Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Girl's Day

So today was tons of fun! One of those days full of impulsive decisions that you'll remember for a while. My room mate/ sister Alecia was feeling a little down, so she decided that going tanning would perk her up a bit. Well, she invited me to go along with her. I was kinda nervous to go tanning because I've never been before but decided "why not." It felt AMAZING to be in warmth and have imitation sun. If you know anything about Pocatello, then you would know that it is a sucky town full of cold and no sun shine. I can totally see why people get addicting to tanning cuz it's just so relaxing. It has dirt cheap too. To get 20 minutes in the tanning bed was 4.00 and to get tanning lotion was 2.50 so it was very very inexpensive to go. My legs turned out to be a nice light brown color (my legs are white, unlike the rest of my brown body) so I was thrilled!
Before we left, Alecia told me that she wanted to get a Monroe piercing. So after we got done tanning, we went on a hunt to go get her a Monroe piercing. We first checked out Wal Mart, but that turned out to be a bust. Then we checked out Claire's and again no cigar. We finally went to the place where I got my nose pierced, a little place called Salty's. They weren't very nice. Plus their prices were way too much. So we kept on searching. Finally we went to this other tiny parlor called Tats and Rags or something like that. The parlor was so so lively and the people there were really nice as well. Plus they were cheaper than Salty's, so Alecia decided to get her piercing from there. The poor girl was nervous to the point of shakes and tears. But the guy that was doing her piercing was very nice, and kept conversations going to keep her mind off the huge needle that was he going to stick in her face. I'm not gonna lie, from a bystander's view the process looked brutal. The needle was HUGE and the skin inside the mouth is so sensitive. But she soldiered her way through it. I grabbed her hand at one point cuz she was so scared and she almost broke my fingers when he stuck the needle in her lip. But like I said, he was really nice and he did a great job. The piercing looks awesome, and now I'm thinking about getting one myself. James says it would look too gaudy, but I don't know. I think I will see how it goes with Alecia's piercing time goes and see if it's worth for me getting one too. 
Overall though, today was really fun. I'm gonna miss this when I go to BSU.

No comments:

Post a Comment